Our YOTA network kick-off sessions ran from January 25 through March 8. Watch all the videos below to catch up with the effort, Watch soon for a Designing Creative Communities book discussion and an in-person training series based on the Handbook for the Artist Working in Community.
First: Want some inspirational thoughts on the kind of learning community we’re building? Listen to the short (4 min) interview clip with Mary Catherine Bateson below from ON BEING with Krista Tippett (“Living as Improvisational Art,” Oct. 1, 2015).
- Jan. 25 – Kickoff
- Feb. 1 – Artists at the Table and in the Community
- Feb. 8 – The Artist as Leader
- Feb. 15 – Partnerships & Collaborations
- Feb. 22 – Building on Assets & Resources
- March 1 – Creativity and Well-being
- March 8 – Artist in Residence Opportunities
Register here to show your interest, and we’ll make sure to include you as we build our cadre of community artists. The Year of the Artist is funded by the City of Roanoke and the National Endowment for the Arts.