Share your images of Roanoke as a compassionate, diverse, and welcoming community.
Submissions due at midnight on Tuesday, August 31.
The Roanoke Arts Commission seeks exhibition-ready art for a ten-month exhibit in the City of Roanoke Municipal Building. The exhibition, Welcome to Roanoke: Images of a Compassionate, Diverse, and Welcoming Community will be curated by members of the RAC Collections Committee.
We welcome submissions by artists of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels.
- Works must be two-dimensional, framed and ready to be hung with installed hanging wire.
- Work may be in any medium: photography, painting, printmaking, collage, etc.
- Maximum dimensions allowed are 24″ by 36″.
- Works do not have to be newly created for this show. Existing work is welcome.
- Selected works must be delivered to the City Municipal building during lunch or evening hours of September 7, 2021.
- Work may be loaned to the City for the show by the artist with or by the works owner with permission of the artist (if living).
To submit your work for consideration, complete the submission form here. Include images of your work. If you have trouble with the form, or need to submit a handwritten copy, contact Doug Jackson, email@example.com, at (540) 853-5652. Please enter no more than three works.
Artists and contributors are not required to be residents of the City of Roanoke, but the work must directly address the theme as it relates to our city. Works will be juried by a selection panel of citizen-artists, community leaders, and arts commission representatives. Criteria includes artistic merit and representation of theme. Collectively, the images will communicate as broad as possible portrayal of the theme and our community.
There will not be room for all works in the physical show; however, where possible, works will be included in a digital exhibition or video gallery promoted on social media.
- Learn more about Welcoming Roanoke
- Learn more about Compassionate Cities
- Lean more about our diverse community
The exhibition will run from September 10, 2021 – June 30, 2022 in the City of Roanoke Municipal Building at 215 Church Street, SW.