Keep trash out of
our river and streams!
We’ll award five $100 Downtown Roanoke Gift Cards good at downtown restaurants and merchants.
Submit a 15-20 second MP3 featuring your original musical message that encourages your neighbors to keep cigarette butts and trash off of the streets. We’re going to choose five top jingles to be awarded prizes, but we also plan to use many more of the submissions to spread the word about how trash on the streets ends up in our streams and river.
While multiple jingles will be accepted from one performer or team, each performer or team will only be eligible for one prize. Use of royalty free tracks or loops from a music production library is allowed, but really isn’t it going to be more fun to record it yourself?
All musical styles and instruments are welcome, so get those kazoos tuned! Listen to some clips from a sample jingle by Roanoke native Willis Landon.
Need some more inspiration?
- Watch the local talent in the recent WE ARE ART rap cypher.
- Read the press release.
- Want some more facts on how we can keep our river clean by working together and each doing our part? Visit Roanoke Stormwater.
- Encourage your friends in a friendly competition! Share the link or download the flyer.
You don’t need to be a professional musician to enter a jingle! We want you to have fun and tap your creative energy. Jingles will be judged by a Roanoke Arts Commission selection panel including community members, musicians, and partners. And while they’ll look for artistic merit, they are also looking for:
- a clear message (see tips here),
- creative rhymes, and
- spirit…just how much fun can you have creating your jingle?!
Thank you for entering the contest, and thank you for doing your part!
Have questions? Contact Douglas.Jackson@roanokeva.gov, 540-853-5652.